Thank you for purchasing your EOS by Paul Brown Hawaii. EOS with the revolutionary non-stick FUSION® Technology was designed by Paul Brown Hawaii, a professional brand sold to salons and stylists for more than 25 years. Paul Brown Hawaii is a pioneer in hair straightening, and with EOS, it brings professional quality and performance to all consumers. This manual provides safety information and important tips on handling your new iron properly along with caring for it and helpful styling tips that will give you salon-perfect hair. Before operating the appliance, please Read All Instructions carefully before using and keep this owner’s manual for future reference.
EOS Curling Rod
- Plug into a suitable main socket and switch to the ON position.
- This EOS model will automatically heat to the perfect temperature to create red-carpet curls.
- Allow 30-60 seconds for iron to reach maximum heat.
- Make sure hair is dry. Brush the hair and section hair evenly. Generally, the less hair, the tighter the curls. To create perfect curls, take a ½ to 1-inch section of hair starting around 2-3 inches from the scalp. Do Not Touch the scalp. While holding hair at the end of the strand, wrap the hair around the barrel. Start winding hair at the base of the barrel until you reach the ends of the hair. Hold for 3-12 seconds, depending on hair type. Unwind the hair from the barrel or simply release the hair and gently slide wand out.
- After one section is curled, move to the next section and repeat the process until all the hair is curled.
- Upon completion, turn the appliance switch to the OFF position. Carefully unplug the cord and allow the unit to cool down completely before storing.
- Premium FUSION® Technology and Ionic curling wands create curls while smoothing ragged open hair cuticles.
- Sleek, ergonomic design with no-slip grip.
- Clamp free wrap-and-go curling wand allows multiple styles.
- Seal and lock in moisture and the hair’s essential oils.
- Smoother, silkier curls without kinks.
- Helps to renew luster and shine.
- Longer lasting curls.
- Reduces the amount of time to achieve professional results.
- Suitable for all hair lengths and thickness.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS: OPERATING INSTRUCTIONS
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet, reverse the pug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat this safety feature.
It is important to read all the safety instructions before using the hair curler and to save them for future reference or new users. Remember this is an electrical device and the clamping plates are intended to reach very high temperatures up to 410° F (230° C).
- WARNING! To protect against electric shock, never allow the appliance, its cord or plug to come in contact with water or any liquid. DO NOT use in bathtub or shower. DO NOT place near sinks or baths or anywhere the unit may fall in liquid.
- NEVER reach for any electrical appliance that has fallen into water. Switch off power supply at the main breaker, then unplug. DO NOT attempt to re-use iron if it has been submerged in water.
- DO NOT handle with wet hands. Hands need to be dry before operating or adjusting any switch on the unit or touching the plug.
- Unplug after use. If iron is switched off, the electrical current still reaches the iron.
- Use close supervision when iron is being used by, on or near children.
- Keep cord away from heated surfaces. DO NOT wrap cord around iron.
- When heated, DO NOT touch with bare skin or put down on bare surfaces.
- WARNING! If any malfunction occurs, do not attempt to repair it. This appliance has no user serviceable parts.
- KEEP OUT OF REACH of children.
- DO NOT use if appliance has been dropped, left outdoors, submerged in water or if it is not working according to instructions.
- To avoid potential damage to property, never leave unattended while plugged in.
- Always inspect appliance before use. Pay particular attention to the condition of the cord and plug. DO NOT use with a damaged cord or plug.
Before curling your hair, hair needs to be completely dry. Comb or brush hair to remove tangles and knots.
Perfect Curls: Place the barrel nearest to the base of the wand about 2-3 inches from scalp. Angle curling wand way from the head and take about ½ to 1 inch section of hair and wrap it around and down the barrel. Hold 3-12 seconds, depending on hair type. Unwind curl from the barrel or simply release the hair and gently glide wand out. To create volume, gently run your fingers through hair to separate curls. Lightly finish with hairspray. Move the next section and repeat the process until all the hair is curled.
Loose, relaxed Curls: Take 1 to 1 ½-inch section of hair and wrap it around the barrel. Keep the hair flat as you wrap it around the wand. Hold 3-12 seconds depending on hair type. Unwind hair from the barrel. Move to the next section and repeat the process until all the hair is curled. Run fingers through hair to separate curls.
Tight, spiral Curls: Take ½-inch section of the hair and twist the strand of hair before wrapping it around the barrel. Hold 3-12 seconds depending on hair type. Unwind hair from the barrel and repeat the process until all the hair is curled. Do not comb the hair; instead, gently shake head to lightly loosen curls.
Your non-stick curling iron is virtually maintenance free. However, all fl irons must be kept clean for proper operating performance. This is easy with your EOS with its revolutionary non-stick coating. When cleaning is needed, unplug the cord, allow to cool completely and wipe plates with a damp microfiber cloth clean. That’s it! Unlike other irons, no chemicals are needed to remove sticky residues, including hair sprays and gels.
- Before cleaning your iron, always unplug the iron from the power source and allow it to completely cool down.
- DO NOT use harsh detergents, abrasives, solvents, or chemical cleaners and NEVER immerse the iron in water to clean.
- When appliance is not in use, unplug it.
- Allow the unit to completely cool down before storing.
- Store in a dry location and keep away from children.
- DO NOT wrap the cord around the dryer since this may cause the cord to wear.
- You may hang the dryer by using the loop provided at the base of the cord. Hang by this loop only.
- Regularly check the appliance for wear and damage, particularly to cord and plug.
•When appliance is not in use, unplug it.
The EOS Curling Wand offer stylists unparalleled flexibility with interchangeable wands. Now that you have your EOS curling wand in hand, you can create the curls of your dreams with various barrel sizes (1 inch, 1 ½ inch and 2 inch). Want tight ringlets or voluminous curls? It’s easy with interchangeable barrels for your EOS.
The right tool is critical for the professional stylist in you and EOS offers accessories for our collections, including the EOS Curling Wand with interchangeable barrels.
Limited Lifetime Warranty commences from Date of registration. Product must be registered within 90 days from date of purchase. This warranty covers Manufacturer Defects only and not damage due to misuse or improper care of device. This warranty is only available in the Continental United States and Canada.
Our tools are manufactured to the highest standards and will provide you with superior performance when used in accordance with the instructions in this manual. The device is guaranteed against defective materials or workmanship for 2 years. It also insures you a timely response to your warranty requests. EOS by Paul Brown Hawaii cannot guarantee the quality of products sold by unauthorized dealers. Purchasing EOS by Paul Brown Hawaii products from Internet sites not legitimately representing EOS by Paul Brown Hawaii forfeits the warranty.
- Product must be registered within 90 days to validate warranty.
- Please keep a dated receipt as proof-of-purchase. The date of sale and the seller’s stamp is required for the validity of the warranty.
- Warranty does not apply to devices showing abuse, damage, or to our judgment are not defective.
- Warranty is not valid if damage has been caused to the product being dropped or if repair has been attempted by any unauthorized person.
- In the unlikely event that the product is found defective,please return the appliance in its original packaging with a check or money order in the amount of $24.95 for shipping, handling and processing and you will receive a replacement within 15 business days. Please include your most current mailing address and phone number.
- Nothing in this guarantee excludes, restricts or otherwise affects your statutory rights.